Kawartha Lakes has always been world famous for its stunning landscape and small-town feel. A favourite destination for tourists and cottage-goers, this area is home to a creative energy and reinvigorating connection to nature which makes it an incredibly desirable place to visit, live or work in.
Kawartha Lakes has more than 250 lakes. The vast majority of local manufacturers can travel to a lake, have lunch and get back to work within 30 minutes. There’s a tangible creative energy and sense of renewal in the air, especially in towns like Lindsay, Coboconk, Norland, Omemee, Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon.
What may come as a surprise to some is the area’s booming advanced manufacturing sector. This sector has seen countless success stories in recent years, with over 160 manufacturing companies and a total of over $250,000,000 in annual sales. Kawartha Lakes has added this sector to its already extensive list of attractions.
The Region has a population of 75,000 with over 1,800 jobs in the manufacturing sector. This number will continue to grow as the municipality is experiencing a 24 to 45% growth with jobs in manufacturing, trades and related sub sectors.
You are in good company in Kawartha Lakes. Some manufacturing firms enjoying success include:
- CardioMed Supplies is a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of disposable medical devices.
- Belair Mechatronics, established in 2016, focuses on the design and manufacturing of hydraulic manifolds (and other fluid power components) as well as robotic auxiliary equipment. Belair chose their location because of Kawartha Lakes’ close proximity to the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- Cameron Steel has been in business since 1975, catering to large and heavy parts in the mining, industrial and nuclear sectors. Manufacturing in a 75,000 square foot facility with up to 30 feet under hook at 50 tons’ capacity.
- Northern Casket has been manufacturing in Kawartha Lakes since 1926 and has earned their reputation as a leader in its industry.
- TS Manufacturing manufacturers quality equipment for the sawmill, mining and biomass industries worldwide.
- Maximum Signs is the largest road sign manufacturer in Ontario and employs the most technically advanced equipment in the industry.
Top reasons why companies choose Kawartha Lakes
- Well positioned — Only a 90-minute commute northeast of downtown Toronto and Pearson International Airport, Kawartha Lakes is perfectly placed for companies who want to capitalize on lakefront living and benefit from the vast network of resources offered by the GTA. With the completion of the highway 407 extension to highway 35/115, accessing these opportunities has become even easier.
- Skilled workforce — With Fleming College, Durham College, Trent University and Ontario Tech University close by, companies looking to employ highly-skilled workers will find no shortage of graduates seeking a place to apply their talents.
- Lifestyle — Not only does Kawartha Lakes host a strong network of companies, but it also offers a community and lifestyle setting that promises a quality of life and happiness for employees and business owners. With a unique big city size in combination with small town charm, the municipality of Kawartha Lakes offers the best of both worlds, with numerous charming towns nearby and all the cultural offerings of a metropolitan area.
A land of end less opportunities
Whether you are a business looking for the perfect location and a strong network of other companies in your sector, or a potential customer searching for unparalleled opportunities and competitive prices, Kawartha Lakes boasts endless opportunities in advanced manufacturing. Discover more online or take a trip to one of the top tourist destinations in Ontario. This is Kawartha Lakes time. Jump in!
To learn more contact: Lindsey Schoenmakers, Business Development Officer 705-324-9411 extension 1197 | email@example.com or visit www.kawarthalakes.ca/investment