All great cities are known for their libraries, and Brampton is no exception. Originating from interesting historical roots, Brampton Library is a renowned, award winning system with six branches that reflect and celebrate the distinct neighbourhoods in which they are based.
Founded by John Haggert, Adam Morton, and D.L. Scott in 1858, and run by the Mechanics’ Institute, Brampton Library began with just two shelves of books and periodicals, donated by local residents. By 1866, the growing collection contained several hundred standard classics, and even a few games.
Today, Brampton Library is open to all members of the community, and offers an incredible range of print and digital materials for learning and enjoyment. Search for your next read
in our database and reserve it online for pick-up at the branch that is most convenient for you.
Find a Brampton Library Near You
No matter where you are in Brampton, we have multiple locations throughout the city to serve your neighbourhood:
• Four Corners Branch:Downtown at 65 Queen Street East
• South Fletcher’s Branch: In theSportsplex at 500 Ray Lawson Blvd
• Gore Meadows Branch: In theCommunity Centre at 10150 TheGore Road
• Mount Pleasant Village Branch: School and historic train station at 100 Commuter Drive
• Cyril Clark Branch & Lecture Theatre: In Loafer’s Lake
Along with numerous locations to choose from, Brampton Library also commits to continuous growth and development including the following:
• Chinguacousy Branch: Our newly renovated 2-storey location in the Civic Centre across from Bramalea City Centre, offers free access to an Audio Recording Studio and expert sound advice as additional services.
• Springdale Branch: The construction of a new branch is currently underway at Bramalea Road and Sandalwood Parkway.
Discover the Latest Collection of Books and Digital Materials at Brampton Library
Consistent and supportive, each Brampton Library location offers quiet space to learn and reflect. In addition, we also provide a wide range of programs for all ages and interests. Our branches offer valuable assistance to newcomers to the country to help them settle in successfully.
Of course, everything today is online, but at Brampton Library, effective searches are guaranteed. Our helpful staff also offers Google Chromebooks with Internet access, and new Launchpad tablets for our youngest members. Furthermore, wireless connectivity is
available to all.
Whether you are on the go or relaxing at home, Brampton Library’s website BramptonLibrary.ca offers members access to a full range of digital products, including eBooks through OverDrive and Cloud Library, eMagazines and eNewspapers from around the world via PressReader, online courses from Gale and Lynda. com, language learning with Mango, and music downloads, free to all library members.
Don’t miss your chance to explore free 3D Printing, vinyl cutting, and more at Makerspace Brampton, in partnership with the City of Brampton and Sheridan College. The creative hub is conveniently located inside our Chinguacousy and Four Corners Branches, and coming soon to Springdale.
Join us! We look forward to sharing the benefits of a Brampton Library membership with you.